The recycling of glass contributes to :
- Prevention of natural resources, reducing the extraction of sand and avoiding the deposit of glass in designated hull landfills;
- Reduction of emissions: carbon dioxide (CO2), the oxidation state (NOX) and sulfur dioxide (SO2);
- Reduction of energy consumption. The production of glass from recycled materials consumes less energy than the same production without recycled glass;
- Creating awareness and changing the behaviour of the population, contributing to a more balanced society.
What should be put in Green (glass bottle banks) Eco-points:
- Glass bottles
- Glass Kegs
- Glass containers
What NOT to put in Green (glass bottle banks) Eco-points
- Bottles of Perfume and Pharmaceuticals
- Windscreen and other glass
- Chinaware from clay or Pyrex
- Building Materials
- laboratory and hospital glass
We all want a better world, for that we must learn to recycle to protect our planet.