Corporate Social Responsibility Report
This report presents Verallia’s strategy and the results obtained in 2018. It is structured around three main areas:
• Help protect the environment
• Act for the safety and development of our teams
• Contribute to the development of communities
In 2019, Verallia strengthens its environmental strategy and partners with PUR Projet in a carbon offset program to plant more than 500,000 trees in five years.
The carbon offset program includes:
• A reforestation and agroforestry project in Latin America (Peru, Honduras, Colombia and Brazil) to which Verallia has committed for an initial five-year period and which will offset 1% of the Group’s total emissions each year and plant more than 100 000 trees per year. This project also promotes the socio-economic development of communities while preserving local ecosystems.
• A project to integrate the Verallia group's production sites into their environment and territory, through concrete initiatives such as reforestation of sites, market gardening, support for producers and support for local initiatives. Verallia has 32 glass factories in 10 countries. Each site has completed a questionnaire to assess the available surface area, the interest and relevance of such a project for the integration of the plant into its ecosystem. In 2019, the first three sites should be identified for the first projects to be deployed in 2019-2020.